Life can be relentless. 2019 in particular. I think everyone has that respiratory thing, or the flu or even pneumonia this year. And the political divide seems to be sucking the life out of good folks. And the weather can’t decide if its spring or winter. The job, the boss, the kids… And the RAIN. I have yet to see anyone start the ark building but really it doesn’t seem that silly. And let’s face it our health and fitness goals can quickly fall to the bottom of the list.
Matter of fact if you have made it until now you are better than most. Strava, after analyzing 31.5 million activities, has discovered that Friday January 12 is the fateful day when your motivation may begin to wane. The 2nd Friday in January has officially been named Quitter’s Day. They also analyzed what kept people going. See a few high ranking items below:
- Pick a Goal Event (see our calendar below) = 92% of people who set a goal event were still active
- Join a Club or Community, like Run Richmond = 46% more activities
- Become a Morning Person = Morning people are 43% more consistent with workouts
- Find a Work out Buddy = 22% more activities
A Few More Key Tips:
- Know Why: Being a role model for your kids, living longer for your family, or just being a kinder gentler you by pumping out some aggression in a workout. The stronger your “why” the better. A better healthier you makes you a better spouse, parent, friend and worker.
- Take the 1st Step: Its not too late. Running is the great metaphor for life. In every step there is a decision…quit or continue. The most important step is the 1st one.
- Break down the Goal: Setting a big goal can be overwhelming. Break it down in realistic bites or pieces.
- Fill up with Good Stuff: I not talking diet here. Fill you head with good / positive stuff and eliminate the negative.
Inspire Us FREE SHOE Giveaway
Soft Shoe and Run Richmond partnered in January to bring you the New Year New Kicks Contest to have some fun and kick start you to a healthier 2019.
It almost March, Adam and David are slacking and are in need of some serious inspiration. You inspire us and in turn we will be giving away FREE SHOES.
Here’s How You Enter:
* Like and Comment below our Facebook “”Inspire Us”” post with your favorite inspirational quote = 1 entry each
* Share the FB post = 2 entries
* Tag your friends on the FB post (Each tag counts for an additional entry.)
* Join us for our initial Tuesday Night Running Group at Dreaming Creek Feb 26th at 6 PM = 3 entries
* Join us at Whitehall Saturday March 2nd 8 AM for our group run / walk = 3 entries
* Follow us on Instagram at runrichmondky = 1 entry
* Like our post and tag friends = 1 entry for the like and every tag
* Post a personal picture on your feed that inspires you and us (your 1st 5k, your 1st mile or anything that inspires) Hashtag #RunRichmondInspires and tag us
* The contest will run from Monday February 25th – Saturday March 2nd
* Winner will be drawn Monday 4th at 8 PM on FB Live
Calendar of Events:
2/26 Dreaming Creek Running Group Kickoff and Vision Casting 6 PM
3/2 Quarter Horse Marathon Relay – Training Day at White Hall 8 AM
3/2 Dash for Dance
3/9 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM Lake Reba
3/16 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM White Hall State Shrine
3/23 Quarter Horse Relay
3/30 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM White Hall State Shrine
Come Race with Run Richmond in April
4/9 Lucky Leprechaun Half Marathon
4/13 4th Annual Maywoods Trail Race
4/27 Officer Daniel Ellis Memorial 5K
Other Notable Events
9/13 2019 MARATHON BY MIDNIGHT RELAY
10/5 4th Annual Historic Haunt 5k, 10k and Little Goblins Race
11/28 Wild Turkey 5K Lake Reba, Richmond KY
2018 has been a great year for me as a runner. I have learned a lot about running over the last few years as well as a lot about myself. Continue reading 2018 Is My Reward For Surviving 2017
Check out the article that Madison Living did on Run Richmond.
Link to the digital publication is here.
Run Richmond needs you. Saturday, January 27th will be our next Group Run and we need it to be a big one. Madison Living magazine is sending out someone to do an article on Run Richmond. They want to get some photos for the piece and for great photos we need lots of runners/walkers.
Continue reading CALLING ALL RUNNERS & WALKERS
I put out a teaser on Facebook that Run Richmond is bringing a 26.2 to Richmond and you guys went crazy. At Run Richmond we like doing things a little bit different than the norm. We have been talking with our buddies at RaceRise about the Quarter Horse Marathon Relay and the decision has been made to partner on this event and move it to Richmond. White Hall Park (where Run Richmond has weekly group runs) is the perfect venue for this. Richmond needs more races that have distance. Richmond needs more races that are well run and fun to be in. This race will check all the right boxes. Continue reading Run Richmond 26.2….Quarter Horse Marathon Relay
Have you ever been in one of those periods in your life where it seemed like running ate up all of your time? I am fairly positive if you are a marathoner, training for that the first one gave you that feeling. I can remember training for mine and thinking that it seems all I ever do is run and work. To be honest, that doesn’t sound that bad right now. But, when you are on mile 18 and have to get to 20 or 22 your perspective on that changes. Continue reading Sometimes You Just Can’t Get A Good Balance
It seems as if life has been a bit of a wirl wind since the Historic Haunt. I guess I put enough energy into getting things ready for the race that when it was over I had to play catch up on all my other responsibilities. Because of that I haven’t put a new blog post up here for a while. Most of you probably didn’t notice and the rest likely see it as a good thing. Either way I am somewhat caught up on life and ready to go at this again. Continue reading Are You Having Fun?
We are truly down to the wire on this race. 5 Days is all we have left to wait. It has been almost a year since nearly 300 of you ran around White Hall and helped us have a great race. We hope everyone has, even more, fun this year than last year. We think that is possible because of our great sponsors. Continue reading 5 Days. Still Time To Register!
We are now just 10 days from the 2017 Historic Haunt. The awards are in. The shirts are ordered and the DJ is booked. We are ready to make this happen. The 2016 Historic Haunt was Run Richmond’s first attempt to put on a race and I think we did a pretty good job. The event went off without any major issues. We had some learning moments that we had to deal with, but that is to be expected. Continue reading 10 Days till Historic Haunt
I don’t know if you have heard of the Running Shoes Guru, but it is a website that I check from time to time to get reviews on different items and see if anything new jumps out at me. At some point I ended up on a mailing list for them and get an email every now and then. The text below is from the latest email I received. I think it speaks to a problem that a lot of us runners deal with from our non-running family and friends. The big question we all get….Why do you run so much? Isn’t it going to hurt your body?
Check out what the Running Shoes Guru found for us. Continue reading Why do you run so much? Isn’t it going to hurt your body?