Life can be relentless. 2019 in particular. I think everyone has that respiratory thing, or the flu or even pneumonia this year. And the political divide seems to be sucking the life out of good folks. And the weather can’t decide if its spring or winter. The job, the boss, the kids… And the RAIN. I have yet to see anyone start the ark building but really it doesn’t seem that silly. And let’s face it our health and fitness goals can quickly fall to the bottom of the list.
Matter of fact if you have made it until now you are better than most. Strava, after analyzing 31.5 million activities, has discovered that Friday January 12 is the fateful day when your motivation may begin to wane. The 2nd Friday in January has officially been named Quitter’s Day. They also analyzed what kept people going. See a few high ranking items below:
- Pick a Goal Event (see our calendar below) = 92% of people who set a goal event were still active
- Join a Club or Community, like Run Richmond = 46% more activities
- Become a Morning Person = Morning people are 43% more consistent with workouts
- Find a Work out Buddy = 22% more activities
A Few More Key Tips:
- Know Why: Being a role model for your kids, living longer for your family, or just being a kinder gentler you by pumping out some aggression in a workout. The stronger your “why” the better. A better healthier you makes you a better spouse, parent, friend and worker.
- Take the 1st Step: Its not too late. Running is the great metaphor for life. In every step there is a decision…quit or continue. The most important step is the 1st one.
- Break down the Goal: Setting a big goal can be overwhelming. Break it down in realistic bites or pieces.
- Fill up with Good Stuff: I not talking diet here. Fill you head with good / positive stuff and eliminate the negative.
Inspire Us FREE SHOE Giveaway
Soft Shoe and Run Richmond partnered in January to bring you the New Year New Kicks Contest to have some fun and kick start you to a healthier 2019.
It almost March, Adam and David are slacking and are in need of some serious inspiration. You inspire us and in turn we will be giving away FREE SHOES.
Here’s How You Enter:
* Like and Comment below our Facebook “”Inspire Us”” post with your favorite inspirational quote = 1 entry each
* Share the FB post = 2 entries
* Tag your friends on the FB post (Each tag counts for an additional entry.)
* Join us for our initial Tuesday Night Running Group at Dreaming Creek Feb 26th at 6 PM = 3 entries
* Join us at Whitehall Saturday March 2nd 8 AM for our group run / walk = 3 entries
* Follow us on Instagram at runrichmondky = 1 entry
* Like our post and tag friends = 1 entry for the like and every tag
* Post a personal picture on your feed that inspires you and us (your 1st 5k, your 1st mile or anything that inspires) Hashtag #RunRichmondInspires and tag us
* The contest will run from Monday February 25th – Saturday March 2nd
* Winner will be drawn Monday 4th at 8 PM on FB Live
Calendar of Events:
2/26 Dreaming Creek Running Group Kickoff and Vision Casting 6 PM
3/2 Quarter Horse Marathon Relay – Training Day at White Hall 8 AM
3/2 Dash for Dance
3/9 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM Lake Reba
3/16 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM White Hall State Shrine
3/23 Quarter Horse Relay
3/30 Run Richmond Saturday Running Group 8AM White Hall State Shrine
Other Notable Events
9/13 2019 MARATHON BY MIDNIGHT RELAY
10/5 4th Annual Historic Haunt 5k, 10k and Little Goblins Race
11/28 Wild Turkey 5K Lake Reba, Richmond KY